We’re asked to think about digital footprints, about what information we leave online. I got to thinking about other types of footprints we leave around and wondered what a reading footprint would look like. The picture above was the result.
Reading Footprint Directions
1. Brainstorm a list of favorite or memorable reads. In this case I stuck to mostly middle grade titles.
2. Remove the spaces between the words in the titles.
3. Insert commas or linebreaks between the different titles
4. Copy the title list into Tagxedo.
5. On Tagxedo’s shape menu, select the footprint.
6. Adjust the footprint color, font and orientation as desired.
I printed off the footprint with my name on the bottom. I’ve invited other staff to provide booklists so posters of their book footprints can go up around the library as well.