Using the Picture Book Month Calendar, I am going to post five favorite picture books of mine for each day of November. Today’s theme is dinosaurs.
1. Field Mouse and the Dinosaur Named Sue by Jan Wahl. I purchased this book at the Field Museum in Chicago on a visit. Loved reading this story to one of my first grade classes on my return. It’s a great way to discuss how dinosaur skeletons end up in museums.
2. Brontorina by James Howe is the story of a dinosaur who wants to dance.
3. Dino-hockey by Lisa Wheeler. Ok, so I was hooked at the word hockey because I love watching the game. It’s also a fun way to review some general dinosaur facts. Kids ask me each week at the library for this series (and for sports that aren’t books yet).
4. Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff. Who didn’t dream of a dinosaur to make friends with?
5. Oh Say Can You Say Di-No-Saur by Bonnie Worth is a cat in the hat science spin off. 1st graders enjoyed listening to this title.