Using the Picture Book Month Calendar, I am going to post five favorite picture books of mine for each day of November. Today’s theme is friendship.
1. Bink & Gollie by Kate DiCamillo and Alison McGhee is a book about two wonderfully different friends (and pancakes).
2. Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend by Melanie Watt. Scaredy Squirrel decides it is time to make a nice, safe friend of the goldfish variety. Life doesn’t follow his plans though.
3. Happy Pig Day by Mo Willems. Gerald and Piggie are a fantastic pair of friends. When Piggie is excited about Pig Day, poor Gerald gets all worked up because he is not a pig. I love the ending on this book.
4. You Will Be My Friend by Peter Brown. Lucy tries so hard to find a friend.
5. Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel is a book with two iconic friends. I loved getting my I Can Read books in the mailbox when I was little.