Using the Picture Book Month Calendar, I am going to post five favorite picture books of mine for each day of November. Today’s theme is travel and world.
1. If the World Were a Village by David J. Smith is a great book to get kids talking about how people are the same and different.
2. Rain School by James Rumford. For these students in Chad, the first lesson is building a school.
3. Brown Rabbit in the City by Natalie Russell
3. How the Sphinx Got to the Museum by Jessie Hartland tells the travels of a sphinx.
4. Theodore Mouse Goes to Sea by Michaela Muntean is in my stash of Golden Books.
5. We All Went on Safari by Lauri Krebs is a great counting book.