Using the Picture Book Month Calendar, I am going to post five favorite picture books of mine for each day of November. Today’s theme is birds.
1. Little Chicken’s Big Day by Katie Davis is the adorable and funny story of a young chick out with her mother. “I hear you cluckin’, big Chicken!”
2. Olivia’s Birds by Olivia Bouler is an excellent book created by a child in the aftermath of an oil spill. It’s amazing what a determined kid can accomplish!
3. Seabird in the Forest by Joan Dunning
4. Click Clack Moo, Cows that Type by Doreen Cronin is the start of a series of picture books that feature a mischievous duck among other farm animals.
5. Duck Rabbit by Amy Krouse Rosenthal is a great discussion of an optical illusion and different ways of looking at the same thing.
A great book if you need to deal with rumors and gossip is Hen Hears Gossip.