Using the Picture Book Month Calendar, I am going to post five favorite picture books of mine for each day of November. Today’s themes is colors.
1. The Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown was the first book to pop into my mind when I thought of picture books and colors. I have my dad’s childhood copy of this Golden Book from the early 1950s.
2. Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See by Bill Martin, Jr.
3. Leon the Chameleon by Melanie Watt is the story of a chameleon who can’t blend in.
4. Do You Know Colors by Katherine Howard is another one of my books from when I was very young.
5. The Mixed Up Chameleon by Eric Carle.
What recommendations for picture books with colors do you have? I found this was a difficult area for me.