I forgot to post yesterday’s theme and books.
Using the Picture Book Month Calendar, I am going to post five favorite picture books of mine for each day of November. Yesterday’s theme was seasons.
1. Should I Share My Ice Cream by Mo Willems for summer. Kids love to laugh at this book and make predictions. What says a summer day more than melting ice cream?
2. Bedtime for Bear by Brett Helquist. Bear is supposed to be hibernating when the first snow comes, but his friends have different ideas.
3. Spring is Here by Will Hellenbrand is a great companion to Bedtime for Bear. This is what happens when spring returns.
4. The House That Witchy Built by Dianne de Las Casas. This story is based on the same pattern as This is the House that Jack Built. I had the pleasure of hearing Dianne present this book at the AASL convention last week and it just arrived in my library.
5. When Blue Met Egg by Lindsay Ward. This title takes winter into spring. While not available until February 2012, it will be a great title to share with seasons. I’m interested to see if students will pick up on the true nature of Egg. (I linked to my review because Goodreads doesn’t have the cover image yet)