Using the Picture Book Month Calendar, I am going to post five favorite picture books of mine for each day of November. Yesterday’s theme was bears.
The first four books on this list come from my childhood favorites. I still own all three though they are battered and much loved. Has anyone else read them?
1. Teddy Bears Cure A Cold by Susanna Gretz is a story I remember reading over and over. I can still hear my dad reading it to me.
2. The Bears Who Went to the Seaside by Susanna Gretz features the same bears from my first pick. They get into a fun day at the beach.
3. Bialosky’s Big Mystery by Anne Kostick. Bialosky has to hunt down clues to solve a mystery in this lift the flap book. I think there is also a Christmas title with this bear.
4. Little Bear by Else Minarik.
5. Tell Me the Day Backwards by Albert Lamb is a sweet bedtime story where a young bear recounts his day to his mother.