I started setting up the library for the school year this week. Early last week, the library finished getting a paint lift – it was a wonderful surprise to come in and find it all new. I’d been told it was getting painted, but I assumed it would be only one color and probably similar to the way it was before.
This week I started putting up new posters (Hello there Lost Hero Poster) and located some great posters that were hidden in storage from before I started. One of these was a Muppets Read poster. Another great find was Pigeon and some Seuss characters. Book covers were printed (inspired by the fantastic Mr. Schu, posters designed, a good friend drew a library mascot for me, and window clings were applied. I created a Where in Wisconsin bulletin board to try and stump students with clues. There were adventures with the laminating machine.
There’s still plenty to do! Graphic novels and magazines are being moved, book displays need to go up and there are books to recatalog (and some to withdraw). Brochures are ready for the staff and I’m planning out my first newsletter.
My school is adopting some elements of PBIS for the first time this year so I attempted making some library signs to go with that. School is emphasizing Be Safe, Be Responsible and Be Respectful.